The Outcast Band
The Outcast Band are an intense and original indie folk-rock band hailing from Stroud. The influences from folk, punk and rock are apparent but they have created a distintive sound which has earned them a reputation for giving what many have described as the best live music experience of their lives.
The Outcast Band are:
- Damien Kay – Vocals, Guitar, Mandolin
- Tom Price – Electric Guitar, Vocals, Mandolin
- Paul Godfrey – Violin, Mandolin
- John Forrester – Bass Guitar, Vocals
- Matt White – Drums
- Helen Leask – Accordion, Hammond and Vocals
- Pete Catania – Sound Engineer
One of the festival circuit’s most interesting offerings, the band have enjoyed some notable achievements including:
- Saturday night headlines at Wychwood, Guilfest and Mayfest
- Reaching No. 2 in the Amazon pre-order chart with their latest album ‘The Longest Mile’ (Distributed by Universal, produced by Phil Tennant)
- Featured plays on BBC Radio 2.
With echoes of The Waterboys, New Model Army and The Levellers, the band produce a huge sound firmly based in rock and complemented by violin, mandolin and accordion. With songs such as Hurricane Day (“epic”- Classic Rock Society)
and The Garden Song (“a wall of sound” – Get Ready To Rock) the band hold nothing back, giving the audience a performance packed full of raw emotion.
The lyrical narrative of the songs, both stark and compelling, tells stories of struggles with the extremes of emotion and, although characterised by a distinct lack of optimism, there are “glimpses of stars from the gutter” – R2 Magazine.
The Outcast Band appeared in 2018